Monday, January 26, 2009

A helpful book

Depression: A Stubborn Darkness by Edward T. Welch

I recently saw this book recommended on no less than three blog sites. I was not particularly looking for a book on depression, but the three bloggers recommending it are pastors and the author of the book is a man. I have read some good and helpful books by women, and I was interested in reading from a different viewpoint. I know this author has written other good books and he is not new to writing.

Anyway, I would say this book is hands down one of the best books I have read on the topic of walking with God and how we form relationships with others. It will be a good book to read again, and I will keep it for a very helpful reference; (i.e. it's probably going to make the cut for books I will be taking to Brazil!)

Please pray for upcoming meetings in February and for our visas to be approved soon.

No comments: