Friday, March 20, 2009

Unshakable Hope

Jim bought some roses for me on Tuesday. He was happy to have me come home.

While in Virginia Dan gave me an extra copy of the book, This Momentary Marriage by John Piper. We are to remember how an earthly marriage is a mere shadow of the glorious marriage between Christ and the church. I thought one statement (p. 99) in the chapter called The Beautiful Faith of Fearless Submission, caused me to think about praying for what I need.

A Biblical portrait of a woman: "Unshakable hope in God. Courage and fearlessness in the face of the future. Quiet tranquility of soul. Humble submission to her husband's leadership."

And we are not to faint in our praying, even when we don't always see the results we expected to see.

Jim and I will be in central Indiana for a meeting next week.

No comments: