Friday, July 20, 2007

Loose ends...for now


We were gone for a month and things have happened here at home while we were away.
First, I came home to see the lawn was very dry. We needed rain, and that came the last two days, thankfully. Second, I noticed some new critters around the outside of the house. We have a mother rabbit with five babies that are still nursing. When I surprise them, the mother runs and the babies stay very still like small stones.

Also, I found the window well full of dirt! After a bit of investigating we discovered a ground hog had decided to dig in for new quarters. It has dug in the well and down deep by the basement foundation. This is a problem we still have yet to take care of.
We also have a small ribbon garter snake that makes its home along the back of our house. I jump sometimes when I see it, but I figure it helps the small critter population to be kept at bay.

Our computer has been using its security package to protect us from getting onto the server.... Don't you love computers? Hence, it's been a challenge to get onto the internet some days this week.

Jim has three Sundays in a row to teach Sunday School at our home church. So that's a praise. We continually thank the Lord for service opportunities and for help from our home church. They encourage us greatly. Our next meeting will be in North Carolina the 3rd week of August.

A book I have enjoyed on and off for about 10 years is 31 Days of Praise by Ruth Myers. In the appendix (part IV) she reminds us,
"Lord, I'm Yours. Whatever the cost may be, may your will be done in my life. I realize I'm not here on earth to do my own thing, or to seek my own fulfillment, or my own glory. I'm not here to indulge my desires, to increase my possessions, to impress people, to be popular, to prove I'm somebody important, or to promote myself. I'm not here even to be relevant or successful by human standards. I'm here to please You."

This is a small pocket-type book, and I would recommend it for your devotions.

As always thanks for prayers on our behalf.

No comments: